Thai Spicy Vegetable Soup
To accompany: Madeleine Angevine
- red pepper, roasted (1);
- yellow pepper, roasted (1);
- green pepper (1);
- broccoli (1 small head);
- carrot (1 medium);
- leek (1);
- shallots (2);
- spring onions (6);
- lemon grass (2 stalks, thinly sliced);
- ginger (finely shredded, 2 tsp.);
- jalapeno chilli, (thinly sliced, 1);
- garlic cloves (thinly sliced, 2);
- creamed coconut (2oz.);
- ½ lemon, juice;
- ½ pint vegetable stock (light);
- 1 pint water;
- Thinly slice all vegetables.
- Gently fry shallots, ginger, garlic and chilli in oil.
- Add water and stock, heat to boiling point and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, leek, spring onions, green pepper and lemon grass, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, red and yellow peppers and juice of half of lemon. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add coconut, cook gently for a further 5 minutes.