Peaches in Wine
- 4 peaches, peeled and cut in half.
- ¾ pint Pinot Noir.
- 2oz sugar.
- fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled.
- Place peaches, cut side uppermost, in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle peaches with sugar and leave for ½ hour.
- Add wine.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Mark 4 until the peaches are cooked (10-15 mins.).
- Place peaches in serving dish.
- Concentrate the wine until it resembles a light syrup and pour over peaches.
- Cool and then chill peaches.
- Add halved strawberries to the syrup about 10 minutes before serving.
Note: Nectarines can be substituted for peaches.